[amibroker] Re: pass parameters thro ole

Thanks Herman for your responses.

> I Know VERY little about OLE and JS programming. However I use
> Persistent variables (see UKB) to pass parameters to JS (it reads the
> files) and I let JS write similar files, or modify existing ones,
> that are read by AFL.

I am actually using Python. I am thinking of processing the AFL on the
fly, setting the parameter value in the AFL and then passing it on to
the Broker App.

It's a bummer that we can't pass the parameters to AFL through OLE.
Sometimes I feel this can't be true, unless I am on a totally wrong
track.

> Do you have a GUI for parameters in JS?
I meant something else...
If you look at the picture I included in my first email on this thread,
or  just bring up the Analysis window, you will see that there is a
button for "Parameters", just like there is a button for "Settings". The
"Parameters" button can be used to override the default values of
Params, and "Settings" ... well for settings. Since for "Settings" there
is a corresponding OLE Analysis method available,  "LoadSettings", which
you would use as  AA.LoadSettings(...), for example. So I just assumed
that there must be a corresponding Method for setting the Parameters as
well.

If this can't be done, how is one supposed to run multiple Analysis runs
with different Param values? (other than the workarounds like what I am
gonna do above). Note, I am not trying to do any "Optimize"(ation) here.
I may just choose pass different Param values to, for example, sets of
ETFs that exhibit similar characteristics (SD, Corr etc.).

Again, the fact that there is no Analysis object Method to set the
Parameters with OLE, the presence of which seems so obvious to me....
all of this makes me think I am on the wrong track here. Or so I would
expect to read in an email from Tomaz.

Regards.

**** IMPORTANT ****