[amibroker] Re: QPFeed

Howard, thanks for your input re qpFeed.  I don't know if you saw my
post re it in another thread - so I am appending it just below this
note.  May I ask if you run qpFeed in realtime during market hours
and if you are continuously updating more than 50 symbols.  If so, do
you notice the price bars are slowly coming in later than they should
(ie, near the market close they are 4-6 minutes delayed)?  This is
never a problem when only 6 or so tickers are updating - just the
larger numbers.  Its also not a problem after mkt close -when qpFeed
typically updates 600+ tickers (1 min db) in 10-20 minutes.

Also, what version of the plugin are you using?  My AB plugin folder
has qpfeed_ami.dll with file version 1.0.1.14 while ABs Tools>Plug-
ins shows qpFeed Real Time Data plugin 1.0.92.  The qpfeed folder in
Program Files has a ddflink.dll version 1.0.0.19 in addition to the
qpfeed_ami.dll

I checked your online info re qpFeed- for some reason I don't have
the 2nd "Quotes Plus plugin configuration screen you do - just a
screen for my id/password, choice of connection and tabs to get
commodity/index/stock symbols.
Thanks for any insights you might have.
Dan

copy of earlier post>>>>>
Tomasz, I use qpFeed not IQfeed but have had a problem forever that
is somewhat the same. There is NO problem when just updating a few
symbols continuously-but- if I try to keep about 75-100 symbols
updating, the quotes come in slower and slower. The people at the
quote provider say they get no complaints and there is no problems
sending out the quotes. Can you try to set up a 1 minute db with
about 100 tickers, the layout has 5 windows all symbol-linked (1min,
2min, 5min, 15min and daily). Use any simple indicator with the
price (ie 10 bar MA). Run any simple AA to cause all 100 tickers to
update. Then see how long the symbols take to get up to date and
more important, come back a few hours later and see the time of the
last bar compared to the time on your clock.. has it fallen behind?
You can just leave the original symbol displayed- no need to change
symbols after the first change after running the AA. I know we have
discussed this before- but I wonder if you have done my little
experiment yourself?
Thanks again and I remain convinced AB is the best by far.
Dan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Howard B" <howardbandy@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Enoch --
>
> Yes, I use it.  No, I do not have trouble getting the data into
AmiBroker.

**** IMPORTANT ****