Re: [amibroker] "SLOW" backfill and delay with IQFeed

Hello,

If the same occurs with any program using IQFeed then
it is clearly IQFeed issue. However "slow" is rather subjective.
What interval are you using ? If you use tick interval you need
to know that one day of tick data can be easily 10MB download.
To get the idea on amount of data required you can multiply:
100 bytes * number_of_bars_per_minute(i.e.interval) * 1440 (minutes per day) * number_of_days * number_of_symbols

Also, as far as I know, all internet based feeds put a cap on bandwidth single user
can use because for example, in Japan 100mbps connections to
home are available and 100 such users would be able to saturate 10Giga pipe.
So they need to limit bandwidth per user to prevent brining servers to their knees.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com