[amibroker] Re: IQFeed Questions

> In the end I decided that I could only concentrate on a few products
> and they were going to be the main line futures contracts.

I will probably be there too within a year or so ... narrowing the
trading base is a process you go through ... I am letting the process
run its course .. eventually I expect I will only trade the eS.

While you are on line... since you are interested in the carry
trade/currency relationship ... Roubini is agreeing with us (see copy
below from the RGE Monitor site newsletter).

The carry trade succumbed to bank de-leveraging and investor
repatriation, resulting in the appreciation of carry trade funding
currencies - the most popular being the JPY and USD.   Bank de-
leveraging has led to a shortage of these currencies, as most cross-
border bank liabilities were denominated in them.   With tighter
lending, investors have had to unwind their carry trades to meet
margin calls and, as asset prices adjusted to a recessionary outlook,
to avoid further losses.   U.S. and Japan provided the lion's share
of the world's investment flows.   The repatriation of U.S. and
Japanese investor funds sapped the strength of other currencies
versus the USD and JPY.

The spread of recession and financial crisis beyond the U.S. to
several other countries kills the appetite for foreign investments,
driving repatriation.   This leads to further currency depreciation
in carry trade destination currencies ? especially emerging markets
which had over-hedged or under-hedged against USD strength.   A
stronger dollar may contribute to further commodity price declines as
countries with weaker currencies are able to purchase fewer goods.
By the same token, weaker non-U.S. currencies may sow the seeds of
higher inflation in countries vulnerable to imported inflation.  In
an environment where high yield alone is no longer attractive, the
combination of slowing growth and rising inflationary pressures may
set up emerging markets for further punishment from currency markets.

FWIW a couple of new observations:

- Yen and Euro kicked up a little today against the USD
- as discussed on the weekend govts have started to intervene (AUD
supported by RBA buying, G7 warned they will support the Yen
- this is clouding the water a little
- if their efforts move a little more then some speculators will get
shaken out and prolong the counter move

IMO the market is being controlled by deleveraging .. fundamentals
are counting for anything anywhere .... US fund managers appear to be
buying in stocks.

USD/Yen and USD/Euro could be the best indicator we have right now of
the leveraging strength ... assuming govt intervention hadn't
occurred then weakening there would indicate that the carry trade
repatriation was slowing.

Also it is likely to be cyclical (Hedge Funds will be playing for
their lives and stalling fire sales until nearer the end of the
month) .. the current hiatus may signal end of month closure ... if
the green days become more frequent in the next couple of weeks,
whcih I think they will,  look out for any carryover of deleveraging
wind-down at the later half of next month.... more fire sales could
occur then.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sidhartha70" <sidhartha70@xxx>
wrote:

> Brian,
>
> Yes I went through the same thought process as you probably.
> In the end I decided that I could only concentrate on a few products
> and they were going to be the main line futures contracts.
> To trade UK stocks I'd also be paying 0.5% stamp duty which just
isn't
> an option... so the UK lost my business!!!
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@> wrote:
> >
> > > Obviously it always depends on the exact product mix... but as a
> > > general rule, for most traders, IQ Feed is def. more bang for
your
> > buck...
> > >
> > > I'm in the UK... and eSignal also charge me VAT... (17.5%) and
IQ
> > Feed
> > > don't....
> >
> > True on the VAT - called GST at 10% in Australia......
> >
> > ... but, it looks like you don't trade the UK or Euro stocks?
> >
> > If you did wouldn't eS be obligatory?
> >
> > What I am saying is, if we want our local exchange and want to
move
> > around between Asia, Europe and the US wouldn't eS be the only
choice
> > (add exchanges for the same base fee).
> >
> > IQ seems to be for those who have settled on the US or Canada and
> > aren't going anywhere else.
> >
> > To me it is not worth the hassle of changing providers - I
settled on
> > eS so that I can roam freely.
> >
> > brian_z
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sidhartha70" <sidhartha70@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Brian,
> > >
> > > I'm not sure thats correct.
> > >
> > > IQ Feed is $55 basic (includes US stocks), $20 US Futures, $25
Intl
> > > Futures. + Exchange Fees (includes 500 symbol viewing)
> > >
> > > ESignal... if you want a data only feed... $50 basic, $35 US &
Intl
> > > Stocks, $35 US & Intl Futures. + Exchange fees (includes only
200
> > > symbol viewing - and extra $50 a month to take that up to 500).
> > >
> > > IQ Feed don't do European futures. If fact I think they only do
US &

**** IMPORTANT ****