Re: [amibroker] Semi-OT: Portfolio Manager for frequent Swing Trading

Thanks Grover and Sid, much appreciated !!

D, I read that article ( or a very similar one ) a couple of years ago, was quite surprised to learn that most of these IRA restrictions are still there because the *brokers* choose to leave them in place
( annoys me no end when other people, gov't, etc  feel the need to protect me from myself   8 - )

For anyone interested, in addition to IB, Think Or Swim now also has a "restricted margin IRA" which appears similar to IB's as far as T+3 goes but seems to differ a bit when it comes to the highly leveraged stuff. FYI, I have pasted a couple of my communications with them below. Thanks again!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for following up. In an IRA account we will allow you to trade any option strategy where the risk can be defined. That means credit spreads, calendars, irons, butterflies, diagonals, covered writes and even cash secured naked puts are fine with us. We can?t allow for naked short calls or short stock, or futures/forex trading.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Adam

Adam Evans
Client Liaison

866 839 1100
773 435 3232 fax

thinkorswim, inc.
600 west chicago avenue,  suite #100
chicago, IL 60610

Member FINRA | SIPC | NFA
trademark, all rights reserved
This e-mail is sent by a financial firm and contains information that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and notify us immediately.