Re: [amibroker] Re: EOD data from yahoo and EOD data updates each day?

You'd do better reading this: http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/

That do you point to is quite old iirc.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 3:04 PM, electricwally77 <soundmaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lynn, I am not an expert. Fairly knew myself but here is some info
that may help. Not sure what level you are at so I can't assume anything.

Please consider looking over Amibroker 5.10 user guide located under
Help -> Contents Tab -> Amibroker 5.10 User's Guide. Loads of great info.

stock-etf symbols etc. to use in AmiBroker-AmiQuote for down-loading
the data? -end-

Go to www.amibroker.com under the "Support" tab and scroll about 3/4
of the way down. Look for a heading called "Additional Documentation".
The 3rd title down says...

NEW! HOWTO: Setup complete US stocks database using Yahoo free quotes
(for registered users)

or go here to get to the same place...
http://www.amibroker.com/docs/ab305.html

Also on the above mentioned web site under "Important Notes" it
states.....

Important notes

   Please note that 2 years worth of end-of-day data for 7700+ stocks
accounts for roughly 220MB (megabytes) of data (7700+ files 29KB
each). On regular 56kbps modem it may take upto 10 (ten) hours to
download that much data. Using ADSL 512kbps connection you should be
able to complete download in 1.5 - 2 hours.

   If your internet connection is weak you should consider
downloading much less data (shorter history or less symbols).

   Daily downloads (using Current mode of AmiQuote) are much faster -
you should get complete one day update in a matter of minutes.

name in AmiQuote and then also Save it in AmiBroker?

In AmiQuote click on File -> Save As. In the pop up box name your file
and save it to wherever Amibroker is installed on your computer. I
believe the default path wher amibroker saves your file is in windows
explorer is Amibroker -> Amiquote.

To save your downloaded symbols in Amibroker click File -> Save Database.

keep the symbols updated and correct?  Because there are new stocks
and efts that appear as time goes on and others that go away as time
goes on.  So how do I keep it all updated and new with new symbols added?

At the very bottom of the link
(http://www.amibroker.com/docs/ab305.html) it states:

Further information

   For further information please consult AmiBroker User's Guide
section Tutorial: How to update US quotes automatically using
AmiQuote. and Tutorial: How to download quotes manually using AmiQuote

   In case of any further questions, comments and suggestions please
contact: support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the Tutorial section of user's guide there is a subtitle under
"Updating quotes" called,

"Automatic update of EOD quotes for US & Canada markets from Yahoo".
Lots of great info here. The tutorial starts off by saying:

How to update US quotes automatically using AmiQuote
QUICK START
Run AmiBroker

Choose Tools->Auto-update quotes (US & Canada)

other software packages?  Like TradeStation, Advanced GET etc.  If
yes.  How?

Sorry, I can't help you with this question. Best of luck.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "LB" <limit@xxx> wrote:

>  I am new to AmiBroker and AmiQuote and I am just getting ready to
download all Stock-EFT etc. Historical data from Yahoo and then want
to update the EOD data each night.  I am also not a computer person
and I don't know anything about programming, but hope to learn a lot
from this group.  So I have a few questions to get me started.

>   1.  Where do I get an updated data base template with all
stock-etf symbols etc. to use in AmiBroker-AmiQuote for down-loading
the data?

>  2.  Once all data is downloaded do I then save it to a certain name
in AmiQuote and then also Save it in AmiBroker?

>  3.  Once I get the data downloaded and working.  Then how do I keep
the symbols updated and correct?  Because there are new stocks and
efts that appear as time goes on and others that go away as time goes
on.  So how do I keep it all updated and new with new symbols added?

>  4.  Also.  Can one use the AmiQuote downloaded data from yahoo in
other software packages?  Like TradeStation, Advanced GET etc.  If
yes.  How?

>  Once I get everything up and going I will probably have other
questions.

> Any info on getting the downloading yahoo data stuf going correctly
would be a big help.

>  Thanks for your time.
>  Lynn

**** IMPORTANT ****