Re: [amibroker] Re: Help on conditional Buy signals

you need to use brackets like:

Buy = ( Cross(G0,G1)AND Cross(G0,G2) ) OR ( Cross(G0,G1) AND BarsSince(Cross(G0,G2)) <= 10 ) OR ( (Cross(G0,G1) OR Cross(G0,G2)) AND NumDownBarsG1 < 5 );

----- Original Message -----
From: rijnaars
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 11:00 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Help on conditional Buy signals

Thanks for explaining, but i meant that the signal was correct but i
do not want it to be effective when G1 has been going down for
example 5 days. I added your advice

NumDownBarsG1 = BarsSince( G1 >= Ref(G1,-1));

Buy = Cross(G0,G1)AND Cross(G0,G2) OR Cross(G0,G1) AND BarsSince(Cross
(G0,G2)) <= 10 OR Cross(G0,G1); // OR Cross(G0,G2) AND NumDownBarsG1
< 5);

only i get failure messages at the last part: AND NumDownBarsG1 < 5);

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "gp_sydney" <gp.investment@...>

<empottasch@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > not sure exactly what you mean but maybe you could use OR
instead
> > of AND, so Buy = Cross(A1,A3) OR BarsSince(Cross(A1,A2)) <= 2;
> > >
> > > but on an array level you can construct more detailed
constraints
> > using:
> > >
> > > Buy = IIF(Cross(A1,A3) AND BarsSince(Cross(A1,A2)) <= 2,1, etc
> > >
> > > or just using OR in your contraint rule Buy = (constraint
rule1) OR
> > (constraint rule 2) OR (constraint rule 3) etc; like:
> > >
> > > Buy = (Cross(A1,A3) AND BarsSince(Cross(A1,A2)) <= 2) OR (Cross
> > (A1,A3)) OR () etc;
> > >
> > > if you explain in detail how your constraint should work I can
> > write it for you.
> > >
> > > regards, Ed

**** IMPORTANT ****