[amibroker] Re: OT: State Of The Markets

A good interview with Buffet that reveals his current take on the
markets:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?
rn=289004&cl=9990956&src=finance&ch=4043681

(copy the broken link into Word or Notepad to put it backtogether and
copy/paste into a browser address bar - sorry I went off URL
directors).

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> A heads up, as Tomasz would say.... US short selling 'ban' due to
> end ... likely to be extended.
>
> An article discussing the outcomes of the ban so far:
>
> (scroll down to "Don't Blame The Short Sellers").
>
> http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker
>
> It is a not a time to let the emotions run hot ... those who are
> keeping cool, calm and collected are doing well ... they are bad
days
> for investors and savers but good days for value buyers and
speculators
> (condolences to anyone who has lost money .. a 63 year old, 2 years
> retired, friend of mine, with invested retirement funds, is now
heading
> back to work).
>

> FWIW an opinion on where we are now.
>
> There are three things happening simultaneously, each with
different
> outcomes:
>

> a) The real crisis is confined to the area of Financial Management,
as
> opposed to the market i.e. the way that businesses carry out
financial
> transactions between themselves, their compliance with govt
standards
> and the standards in force.
>
> The longer term agenda is that of the IMF Global Stability Forum
(as
> discussed at last weeks unofficial meeting of G20 leaders in
NewYork).

> http://www.fsforum.org/publications/r_0804.pdf
>
> The short term affect on the markets is minimal since that horse
has
> already well and truly bolted.
>
> Projecting this crisis onto the market holds little value for
traders.

> b) Public perceptions of the crisis are focused around the security
of
> their deposits .... this is the real danger in the short term ...
it
> appears to be easily contained by Govt actions to guarantee
> deposits ... presumably ave private savings are far outweighed by
ave
> private debt so the total possible withdrawals are within a
containable
> range (respective govts have deep enough pockets to insure private
> savings e.g. Ireland, France, US increasing FDIC insurance etc).
>
> c) Market volatility ... is more emotional than rational ...
emotional
> outbursts tend to come quickly and swing back the other way
quickly ...
> by nature they can't be sustained for long periods of time .....
after

**** IMPORTANT ****