[amibroker] Re: CMAE behavior when optimizing control parameters?

Thanks Paul and Tomasz,

I have also used IO for many years and consulted with Fred on this
issue. Fred suggested using the Differential Evolution algorithm
rather than Particle Swarm when a system has many non-continuous
parameters.

In any case, Tomasz gave me the answer I needed regarding CMAE.

Thanks again,
Steve

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Ho" <paul.tsho@xxx> wrote:

> Tomasz
>
> What you said and what I said can co-exist quite happily if you want
to read
> it again, and want to read it that way!
> It is not a debate that I want to enter into with you. I am just
sharing my
> experience - it is "possible" to do it.
> All of these IO used simulated "Continuous" parameters, which by its own
> nature are discrete, and it is the job of the user to get the  best
use out
> of it.
>
> Finally,  I have done tens of thousands of optimizations, lost of
them with
> success, so its about making your own luck in this game.
>
> for example consider this statement
> xyz = m1 * (MA(C, pds) > C) + (!m1) * (ma(c,pds) <= C);
> where m1 is a control parameters that decides whether xyz = ma(c,
pds) > C
> or the other way around, and pds is the period of ma, as it stands
it wont
> be get much "luck" as you say. because, pds that is optimimum in the
case of
> > is probably very different than in the case of <=.
> so by making xyz = m1 * (ma(c, pds1) > C) + (!m1) * (ma(c, pds2) <=
C); and
> optimize pds1, m1 and pds2 separately, you will get pds1 and pds2
gathering
> around a cluster of value closer to its optiminum, and m1 has own
value of 0
> or 1 which sort out what way is better.
>
> I hope this will be useful those who wants to use it.
>

>   _____

On Behalf

**** IMPORTANT ****