From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tomasz Janeczko
Sent: Wednesday, 1 October 2008 7:18 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: CMAE behavior when optimizing control parameters?

Paul,

I don't want to enter into yet another useless debate, but if you learn about
*MATHEMATICAL* background of
Particle Swarm Optimizers you will
know that they are all designed to be used for CONTINUOUS parameter spaces.

The fact that non-exhaustive methods like CMAE, PSO, etc *may* work in some cases for discrete spaces
is more a question of luck and relative simplicity (or more or less "smoothness") of the problem
being optimized than anything else.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com