From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:00 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: loop vs arrays

Hi,

Your explanation is not entirely clear. Specifically; What is your
definition of a 3 bar swing high/low? Is it 3 consecutive up bars, or
just 3rd bar higher than preceding 2 though 2nd might be lower than
1st, or just highest bar of any consecutive 3, or MA(C, 3), etc...).

If you've already written the loop, post it here, for clarity, and
someone will point out how to do it using array manipulations instead.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "TOMSTI" <tcsibor@xxx> wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> I need to plot a chart that first of all shows 3 bar swing high and
swing
> lows. After that, I need to show and mark if a swing made a higher
swing
> than the previous swing (or lower). I can do this using a loop and
> remembering the previous swing high or swing low bar, but am
wondering if
> there is any way of avoiding a loop and accomplishing the same
thing?

> Any thoughts appreciated. I have gone through the archives and the
knowledge
> base, but, unless I missed it, I did not find a solution.
>

> Thanks
>
> Tom