Re: [amibroker] Re: why would someone use IO

For another way of saying about the same thing, see Fred's comment at 7:41pm, 9/19/08, subject: "Re: Confusing Behaviour...!!!".  I guess Fred was in a hurry and accidentally posted to the wrong subject.  Thankfully, his grammar and spelling are much better than mine.
-- Keith

murthysuresh wrote:

still trying to get it into my head. thanks for your points.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, Keith McCombs <kmccombs@xx.> wrote:

> Does your "simple trading Practice" use any market indicators?
> If so, are the market indicators a function of any numeric
parameters,
> like smoothing period for example?
> If so, have you ever wondered if maybe there better values for the
> parameters?
> If so, did you try backtesting different values?
> If so, were more than two parameters that you wanted to test?
> If so, did you try it?
> If so, did it take all day and night to try all the combinations?
> If so, thats why you should try IO.
> If not -- don't bother.
>
> murthysuresh wrote:
> >
> > i have always wondered, why would someone use the IO. there is a
AB
> > internal one and a Fred external one. i am trying to understand
how it
> > will be useful.
> > my approach is a simple trading practise. doing woodies zlr in a
> > trending market. but i always wonder how IO would be useful to my
> > analysis.