Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:52 PM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Unable to get Intelligent optimization with Vista

TJ,

My statement of the problem was a bit misleading.  I am  only using CMAE in my code.  I am not using Fred?s IO at all..  I don?t even have Fred?s IO on my computer.  I was using the term IO to indicate the function of the built in CMAE engine which is called with: OptimizerSetEngine( "cmae" ); in the first line of code.

But the problem is that the CMAE engine runs like gangbusters using XP but the CMAE engine in my installation does not run on Vista.  And that is using identical AB code in each case, and the identical AB 5.18.0.

So where is the culprit?

Thanks,

Grover Yowell