[amibroker] Re: Backfill Interactive brokers; Duplicate ticker ID for API historical data query.

Hello Barry,

Thanks for the suggestions, but that's not the solution for me. I've
only added a couple of tickers yet. If I try to backfill them
individually or all at ones doesn't make a difference. As a rule I
do get this error.

Data does come in. The live feed is fine. So I tend to say it has
nothing to do with a bad ticker. There's only an issue when
backfilling. Even when backfilling some data may come in, but if
this error occurs the backfill is incomplete.

Any other suggestions?

Wilco

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Barry Scarborough"
<razzbarry@xxx> wrote:

> I have had this problem a number of times. One thing I did when I
was
> trying to back fill a new database was add the symbols and then go
> through them one at a time by clicking on each symbol and letting
it
> back fill. Set the back fill to 30 days. Then when finished set
the
> back fill days to 1.
>
> You may have a bad ticker too. Usually I get an invalid ticker but
> every once in a while I get this error. Going through your ticker
> list one at a time will surface this problem.
>
> If you don't go through your ticker list once a day IB will not
back
> fill unused symbols. I created a formula that uses foreign to plot
> every ticker in my data base and use that in the morning and
evening.
> I posted the formula yesterday. I will try to add it to the AFL
> library today.
>
> Barry
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "noemeenswat" <noemeenswat@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to setup amibroker with an IB feed. Sometimes the
> > backfill works fine. Most times however I get the error:
> > "Error processing request:-'vb: cause- Duplicate ticker ID for
API