RE: [amibroker] Re: Close > At least 4 of the previous 5 Closes

c > ref(hhv(c,5), -1)

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Friday, 12 September 2008 11:26 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Close > At least 4 of the previous 5 Closes

That would give the number of times within the period that a close was
higher than its *immediately* preceding close. But, it would not give
the number of times that the current close was higher than *all*
preceding closes for that period as is being requested.

There may be a more direct way, but the following would probably do it
for you:

Count = 0;

for (i = 1; i <= 5; i++) {
Count += IIF(Close > Ref(Close, i * -1), 1, 0);
}

Condition = Count >= 4;

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Gordon Sutherland" <gosuth@xxx>
wrote:

> Try the following:
>
> HigherClose = C > Ref(C,-1);
> HigherThanLast4 = Sum(HigherClose,5) > 4;
> Plot(HigherThanLast4,"",colorBlue,2);
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gordon Sutherland

On Behalf
> Of ozzyapeman
> Sent: Friday, 12 September 2008 12:36 p.m.
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com
> Subject: [amibroker] Close > At least 4 of the previous 5 Closes
>

> Quick question - is there a compact way to write the following:
>
> Close > At least 4 of the previous 5 Closes
>
> I know I can write out each case like:
>
> Case_1 =
> C > ref(C,-1) and C > ref(C,-2)and C > ref(C,-3)and C > ref(C,-4)and
C >
> ref(C,-5)
>
> Case_2 =
> C < ref(C,-1) and C > ref(C,-2)and C > ref(C,-3)and C > ref(C,-4)and
C >
> ref(C,-5)
>
> etc....
>
> and then write if Case _1 or Case _2 or Case_3 or ...
>
> But I'm guessing there must be a simpler way to do this?
>
> Any feedback appreciated.