[amibroker] Re: Help Manual

Nothing to do with your post.

It was just a personal comment to you (OT I guess).

I put it there so you would find it.

I love 'Blue Sky'.....

...you do make me laugh sometimes to.

As I said... I quite like you actually.... apart from when you are
occassionally acting lile a %^&^&**

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Fred Tonetti <ftonetti@xxx> wrote:

> As I said .
>

> . Blue Sky .
>

> While my comments were not directed at you as my post wasn't even in
> response to yours not only have you apparently taken them as such
you have
> totally ignored the context which I would have thought would have
been right
> up your alley i.e. totally non specific except that I'm sure the non
> programmer type traders get it.
>

> Does that put you in the group of non programming non traders ?
>

>   _____

On Behalf
> Of brian_z111
> Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 8:11 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Help Manual
>

> Hi Fred,
>
> No hard feelings mate.
>
> Overall I think you mean well... you certainly have shared a lot
and
> have a good community spirit.
>
> Pity about your inexplicable tendency to get cranky but I
overlooked
> that many times because of your outstanding community effort.
>
> Yoy don't really know me and vice versa.
>
> If I wanted to, I could make a far more incisive critique of you,
> than what can make of me, but I don't do things like that because I
> am not an ultra-rationalist.... I have a bit more depth to me... I
> take into account the touchy feely things I know about you and the
> long term damage it would do to you if I hauled off and smashed you
> one back.
>
> Also... the only times we did go 'tete a tete' for a few seconds I
> actually out thought you but you didn't even notice.
>
> You can see now, that I was ahead of Phsst - the only one who was
> keeping up with me was Tomasz (or others in the background who
> remained silent).
>
> Definitely you and Phsst weren't even in the play - you were both
> just jumping up and down on the sideline like dancing girls -
> entertaining to some but not what we were there for.
>
> But of course... you are probably in denial about that.
>
> brian_z
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com, Fred
> Tonetti <ftonetti@> wrote:
> >
> > Understand that the comments below are from someone who has done
> programming
> > since long before there were personal computers and been an
trader /
> > investor for almost as long .
> >

> > IMHO there is from many peoples perspective a deeper issue here .
> >

> > That issue is that by definition there are more people who are
> traders /
> > investors looking for a platform to use then there are
programmers
> who are
> > looking for a platform.
> >

> > Therefore the more user friendly the documentation AND the
platform
> are to
> > use the wider the appeal is .
> >

> > As an example the typical trader will have many ideas about
things
> that
> > he/she wants to do. If doing what seems simple to them from a
> conceptual
> > perspective is difficult to do from a practical perspective i.e.
> requires
> > something more than simple straight forward AFL and some fill in
> the blanks
> > parameters they only have a couple of choices . struggle with it
> for ever,
> > hire someone or find another platform . For example while of
course
> very
> > powerful, implementations like that of scaling in / out and the
> custom
> > backtester will give most people without previous programming
> experience the
> > willies.
> >

> > _____
> >
> > From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com]
> On Behalf
> > Of sidhartha70
> > Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 1:55 PM
> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
ps.com
> > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Help Manual
> >

> > Tom,
> >
> > Well, Howard is apprently writing another book. A beginners book.
> > Which is great. He could (should to save the planet) sell it in
the
> > form of an e-Book.
> >
> > Bottom line is, learning AFL and what it can do, is exactly the
same
> > as learning any other language (e.g. C#). I don't think its too
much
> > to ask to have the same level & quality of available
documentation
> in
> > order to complete the task.
> >
> > If you expect people to learn a proprietary language, therefore
> tying
> > them to your product, you've got to supply the correct
information,
> in
> > the correct format, to help people get where they're going.
Surely?

> > Or am I off the reservation here...? ;-)
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>
> ps.com,
> > <professor@> wrote:
> > >
> > > To have a manual that is complete and current would take a lot
of
> > time and effort not only to write the manual, but to also keep it
> > current. I would suggest that if someone wants to take the
trouble
> > write and update the manual, they could have a pay site with the
> > manual on it. They could charge a nominal annual membership fee.
> Then
> > the members could have access to the manual all year and the
writer
> or
> > writers would have a least received some compensation for their
> effort.
> > >
> > > I realize that this would not be a big money making effort, but
it
> > would be helpful to the members and provide some compensation to
the
> > writer. It could even be presentated as an ebook which could be
> > downloaded. The members would be able to get an up dated ebook as
> > changes, corrections, and additions are added.
> > >
> > > I think that if the annual membership was reasonable, enough
> people
> > would subsribe to make it feasilbe. I would be glad to provide
help
> > with a web site and producing the ebook.
> > >
> > > Just my humble suggestion,
> > > Tom

Perhaps
> > > guaranteed