Lots of possibilities.  It warrants more consideration.  The thing is to fill a need of one segment of the community as easily as possible.

Best regards,
Dennis

On Aug 30, 2008, at 5:30 PM, <professor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dennis,

What I envision is a site for AmiBroker users. It would contain an Amibroker manual in an ebook form, an AFL manual in an ebook form, a glossary in an ebook form, links to all the AmiBroker info. maybe a revision of the AmiBroker AFL terms with a more easily understood definition with more samples, a list of AFL programmers who will do programming, a forum for questions and answers, and anything else that would help users get the most from AmiBroker.

This would be a membership site with an annual fee. Of course, Tomasz would have to approve and I would suggest he raise the price of AmiBroker and include a year's membership in the site. The new AmiBroker user would up to date easy to use manuals and information and Tomasz would not have to devote as much time to support and up dating manuals.

This is just a quick idea of the possibilities.
Tom
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] AmiBroker AFL Glossary project

Tom,

I don't think I quite have the full understanding of your vision.  I believe Tomasz would need to support the idea (at least not object to it) because of the amount of proprietary material that would have to be referenced.  I think it should be discussed in its own thread.  I could support it personally if it fills a need and does not fracture the community.