[amibroker] Re: Help Manual

Tom,

Well, Howard is apprently writing another book. A beginners book.
Which is great. He could (should to save the planet) sell it in the
form of an e-Book.

Bottom line is, learning AFL and what it can do, is exactly the same
as learning any other language (e.g. C#). I don't think its too much
to ask to have the same level & quality of available documentation in
order to complete the task.

If you expect people to learn a proprietary language, therefore tying
them to your product, you've got to supply the correct information, in
the correct format, to help people get where they're going. Surely?

Or am I off the reservation here...? ;-)

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <professor@xxx> wrote:

> To have a manual that is complete and current would take a lot of
time and effort not only to write the manual, but to also keep it
current. I would suggest that if someone wants to take the trouble to
write and update the manual, they could have a pay site with the
manual on it. They could charge a nominal annual membership fee. Then
the members could have access to the manual all year and the writer or
writers would have a least received some compensation for their effort.

> I realize that this would not be a big money making effort, but it
would be helpful to the members and provide some compensation to the
writer. It could even be presentated as an ebook which could be
downloaded. The members would be able to get an up dated ebook as
changes, corrections, and additions are added.

> I think that if the annual membership was reasonable, enough people
would subsribe to make it feasilbe. I would be glad to provide help
with a web site and producing the ebook.