[amibroker] Help Manual

There are far too many Help Manual questions posted in this forum.

This takes up our valueable time answering questions that should have
been answered by AmiBroker.

In fact they waste far more time than OT posts.

Our precious time would be far better spent answering more interesting
questions.

Some of the features in AB aren't explained in the manual, some things
are out of date and sometimes the explanations are a bit cryptic.

Example:

Prettify was added to the Formula Editor in beta version 5.04
- included in devlog under version 5.05 Feb08
- official release v5.10 in June08 which includes manual 5.10

Ami website PDF manual is still version 5.00

- Search PDF for prettify == nothing
- Search AB manual version 5.1 for prettify == nothing
- Use AB site search engine == nothing
- Google amibroker.com == 3 hits from devlog
- devlog records release but has no info about it and no explanation in
the read me
- searched KB == nothing
- searched UKB == nothing

The screenshot of the FE edit dropdown menu, in the Help Manual is out
of date (at least it looks different to my version 5.10)

http://www.amibroker.com/guide/w_afledit.html

The Devlog just says that the Prettify function was added ... looked in
the AFL function list and couldn't find anything... is it a function or
a function()?

New features should be explained in the official help manual that comes
out immediately after the beta inclusion.
We should not have to search elsewhere but even if we do we, in this
case, we still find nothing.

It shouldn't be up to volunteers to explain help manual items in this
forum, or the UKB, or anywhere else.

It saves AB some effort if they don't have to keep the manual up to
date but the effort is transferred to the volunteers, who have to
answer it scores of times, instead of AB answering it once.

If we all took the rationalist approach, that some people are
advocating e.g. "users should have skills or lower their sights or pay
Graham", and charged AB for the time we spend providing AB support then
the program would cost thousands of dollars and wouldn't look so cheap,
up against other software, afterall

brian_z