[amibroker] Re: The best way to help newbies, oldies, ... and AmiBroker ...

As a bona fide newbie, I will say that this list and its users have
been a tremendous help. I always try to go to the User Guide and UKB
first, but for someone just learning AFL, things can get confusing.

In the last two months, I've posted a few dumb questions on this board
and a few not so dumb. The snippets of code offered by members in
response, really helped me to understand things. Then the kind
programming of my trading ideas into AFL by a couple of volunteers,
really accelerated matters for me. I figure I made a year's worth of
progress in the last two months with that help vs without. In fact,
without that help I might have just given up at the six month mark, if
I was trying to figure this all out on my own.

Just ordered a copy of Howard's book thanks to this thread.

And Progster, thanks for the link to CFT. That looks to be a useful
resource. We need a web board, in addition to this Yahoo list, that
breaks things down into as many sub forums as possible - maybe not so
much for discussion (that's what Yahoo is for) but for archiving and
easier searching.