[amibroker] Re: The best way to help newbies, oldies, ... and AmiBroker ...

I didn't explain myself very well there.

What I am saying is that I think we are making it harder by not
admitting that it is a programmers program and just getting on with
teaching AFL.

If anyone held told me that at the start I would have run for it but
the fact is that the help manual is about 'AmiBroker the program' but
eventually I came to realise it is all about programming -
specifically AFL.

So, if I do want to get on with it where do I go?

The AFL section of the help manual is condensed.
The first few chapters of Howards Book are a basic intro to AB and
the rest of the book is orientated around SystemDesign & Evaluation?

Where is the next stop on the AFL line?

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> Herman,
>
> >I always figured that sticking with AFL would have provided a more
> >continuous path for users to develop their programming expertise.
>
> This is a new point, not really discussed much before, I think.
>
> I really don't know how to put it in words but you are so right.
>
> Tomasz should be proud of me because if I am a programmer at all I
am
> an array programmer...... but sometimes I am left reaching for AFL?
>
> Perhaps there are conventions that people with 2 or more
programming