[amibroker] BuyPrice Display

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] BuyPrice Display
  • From: "Ken Close" <ken45140@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:38:59 -0400

It has been awhile since I wanted a chart to display the BuyPrice and BuyPriceDate in the Title.

I whipped out a simple chart and the BuyDate showed, in the Title, "Invalid DateTime".

I opened up some older charts where I had put in the title the Date for previous BuyDate and saw that I had to make a Date from string elements.

Am I correct that WriteVal(BuyDate,formatDateTime) will not produce a correctly formatted Date even if the BuyDate is in the correct numerical format (evidenced by a AddColumn display in AA window)?  If this is true, why not?

Simple enough to make a string date but a format command to do it for you would be quicker and easier.

Ken