[amibroker] Re: Yahoo RT

Hello Don,

There has been past discussion on the subject:

search this forum ---> advanced ---> topic == "RT Yahoo"

to help get you started (I think there is an explanation there).

The results you will get aren't entirely satisfactory but my my
understanding is that Tomasz doesn't regard it as being suitable for
further developement of AQ as a Yahoo RT downloader:

- RT limited to US top stocks only?
- quality of data is not to his liking?

I played around with it out of curiousity and AFAIK -

Basically - AmiQuote accepts the Yahoo RT cookie:

- open AB 1 minute database with symbols
-log onto Yahoo RT with your subscription details
- open AQ and get symbols from AB
- set AQ to current Yahoo server
- set AQ refresh to 1 min (1 min is the minimum?)
- leave AQ open
- return to AB and you will get 1 minute snapshots (auto update)
- the 1 munute snapshots will approximate RT intraday bars in higher
timeframes e.g. 5 min bars etc

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Don Woodyatt" <donwoodyatt@xxx>