Re: [amibroker] Re: Resetting trade delays based on value of variable

Title: Re: [amibroker] Re: Resetting trade delays based on value of variable

Pete,

I never use settradedelays(), I leave them set to zero all the time and delay trades using ref(buy,-n). imo, This is simpler and gives easier control than changing arguments in the SetTradeDelays().

just warp your signals in the ref function and you can set the delays at the start of your code.

dBuy = Param("Buy Delay",0,0,10,1);

Buy = ref(Buy,-dBuy);

This allows you to change them anywhere in your code but also enables you to quickly see how changing the delays effects system performance (plot the equity). this is great for development.

Best regards,

herman