[amibroker] Re: Resetting trade delays based on value of variable

I spent some more time trying to work this out and could not find some
way to verify if this is working. However, I found a much less complex
method to apply this technique (see code below), but I still cannot
get it to do what I expect. Example: comment out the line of code for
the SetTradeDelays and run the back test. I get slightly different
results but when I drill down into individual trades the exits are
occurring on the day of the signal whether the line of code in place
or commented out.

//[code]*************************************************
SetTradeDelays(0,0,0,0);
BuyPrice = Open;
SellPrice = Open;

Buy = <<insert buy rule here>>
fltr = <<some test value to see if delays should be adjusted>>

tstDly = WriteIf(fltr == 1 , "1", "0");
SetTradeDelays(0, 0, StrToNum(tstDly) , StrToNum(tstDly) );

sell = <<insert sell rule here>>

  Pete  :-)