[amibroker] Re: Simple system - can't figure out how to code it

Hi,

I believe that the following will mostly do what you are after.
Though it will take a total of N positions, which may end up being
all Long, all Short, or any combination in between, based entirely on
the magnitude of the previous bar's gains/losses. All positions are
held for a single trading day, enter at Open, exit at Close.

Off the top of my head I don't know how to restrict Long separate
from Short for a total of 1/2N Long + 1/2N Short = N max positions
other than writing custom backtest code (which I don't have time to
try out right now, sorry, gotta run).

Mike

MaxPositions = 10;

SetTradeDelays(0, 0, 0, 0);
SetOption("AllowSameBarExit", true);
SetOption("MaxOpenPositions", MaxPositions);

PositionSize = -100/MaxPositions;
BuyPrice = ShortPrice = Open;
SellPrice = CoverPrice = Close;

Gain = Close - Open;