[amibroker] Re: constructing "Continuous contracts" with eSignal data for Non-US futures

If you also have access to eSignal charting, then they have the tool
inside there to create your own continuous contracts on any futures
contract you want.   It's under "Tools -> Continuous Contract
Settings..."

Once you get the CC data downloaded, just import it into Amibroker
and then you're set until the next rollover date and then you have to
repeat the process.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rakesh Sahgal" <rakeshsahgal@xxx>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Any advice on methods to construct continuous futures contracts
using
> esignal intra-day data? Am just starting out and whatever I was
able to find
> on their KB seems to indicate that they only facilitate continuous
contracts
> for US futures via the #F symbol route(which also is constrained to
the
> eSignal charting platform). If my understanding is incorrect, will
be very
> grateful to anyone who can point me in the right direction.
>
> One work aorund that I can think of is , keep the basic symbol and
manually
> change the extension/addition to the symbol which denotes the
contract specs
> every rollover date and keep on saving the data locally.This
however seems
> to be an error prone method as, in my case(the Indian market),
there are a
> total of approx 240 odd symbols which comprise SSF symbols and
Index futures