[amibroker] Re: Question on how to use HHV or LLV in a looping function?

Hi,

I haven't tested any of this for accuracy. But, you can play with the
following approaches, all of which I've tried to keep within the
structure of your original code snippet (i.e. assuming that looping
is necessary).

However, as suggested, looping may not be necessary, and likely is
not necessary.

If I read HHV correctly, then it will include the current bar in the
calculation. I'm assuming that you do not want to include the current
bar when looking at "the last 2 bars", and so have used Ref(..., -1)
to exclude the current bar. Double check this.

Note too that bar indexing is zero based, so your counter (e.g. i = )
needs to be 1 less than you might otherwise expect.

Option 1:

HighestOfTwo = Ref(HHV(High, 2), -1);

for (i = 2; i < BarCount; i++) {
  xyz = HighestOfTwo[i];
}

Option 2:

HighestOfTwo = Max(Ref(High, -1), Ref(High, -2));

for (i = 2; i < BarCount; i++) {
  xyz = HighestOfTwo[i];
}

Option 3:

for (i = 2; i < BarCount; i++) {
  xyz = High[i - 1];
  if (High[i - 2] > xyz) xyz = High[i - 2];
}

Again, things will go significantly faster if you don't need the
loops.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sidhartha70" <sidhartha70@xxx>