[amibroker] Re: A very basic formula question

Have a look at the Sum function. I believe that the following will do
what you are looking for.

Change the values of UpDays and Threshold to be any number of
consecutive up days (e.g. 3) and the threshold required to cross
(e.g. 70). Change the CountRSIAbove comparrison to an inequality for
more flexibility
e.g.
... AND CountRSIAbove >= 2; // 2 of last 3 days
... AND CountRSIAbove >= UpDays - 1; // Generic x-1 of x last days

UpDays = 3;
Threshold = 70;

CurrentRSI = RSI();
PreviousRSIAbove = Ref(CurrentRSI, -1) >= Threshold;
CountRSIAbove = Sum(PreviousRSIAbove, UpDays);
RSIBelow = Cross(Threshold, CurrentRSI);
Filter = RSIBelow AND CountRSIAbove == UpDays;

for (i = UpDays; i > 0; i--) {
  AddColumn(Ref(CurrentRSI, -i), "" + i + " days ago");
}

AddColumn(CurrentRSI, "Today");

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "alogicalinvestor"