RE: [amibroker] CMAE question

The only way to purposely find plateaus is to test for them during in sample optimization …

Not doing so may result in some sort of plateau any way but you won’t really know where your parameter values are relative to the geography of the plateau or if other larger plateaus exist

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Dugas
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 3:44 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] CMAE question

Thank you TJ - Would you mind answering one more question about the results?  Suppose I am optimizing on CAR. And when the CMAE opt is done, the first line shows 200%, followed by a bunch of lines at 100% with closely related params.  In exhaustive opt, I would ignore the 200% in favor of all the 100%'s.  In CMAE opt, does the fact that it returned one 200% line mean that it has found some sort of a plateau around those param values - i.e., would you consider trying those param values going forward? Thanks very much!

Steve