Re: SV: [amibroker] Anyone actually making money?

Exactly! The person succeeds, the system/technique/method is merely a via-media. A person who makes a conscious decision to go  the system route and avoid the discretionary route or vice-versa has evaluated him/her self , their risk tolerance etc and made a choice which they think is appropriate for them.

A lousy trader can break a great system/method and wipe out his entire corpus. A proficient trader with appropriate money management  can make a handsome living with a mediocre system/method.

So handing out tips which are in the nature of trade entry setups is actually a disservice to the person asking us to share our experiences, which I am sure Louis did not ask in the first instance . In this particular thread Paul Ho's post is worth it's weight in gold. Develop proficiency in one set-up and then talk about moving on.

Best Regards

ps; Louis the following two trading groups and websites have a wealth of info by people who are successful traders day after day on a consistent basis.If you have the time and inclination make the effort and I am sure it will help you get a clearer focus on how you would like to tackle the issue of your trading future.

http://www.dacharts.com/

http://www.trading-naked.com/

Profitable-Trading-Techniques@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

e-mini_traders_anon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx