[amibroker] Reading and Writing Large CSVs

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Reading and Writing Large CSVs
  • From: "Ken Close" <ken45140@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:43:33 -0400

I did an explore which wound up having 432,830 rows (8900+ symbols, monthly, from 2004 to present.  It took it 5 min 0 sec to save to disk.

Can someone confirm the following for me:

I assume that the resulting csv file will have 432,830 rows in it--is that correct?
I discovered that I can only "see" 65536 rows because that is all that my Excel 2002 will open.
Does anyone know if there is a reader anywhere that will open or allow viewing of all 432,830 rows.  I am aware that Excel 2007 can open over 1 million rows but I am looking for a way to avoid the cost of upgrading.
A related question is whether since I own Excel 2002, whether I am eligible for an upgrade price on 2008 vs purchase entire new program; the details on some of the web pages are ambiguous.

Any comments?

Thanks,
Ken