[amibroker] Re: Anyone actually making money?

>>What ever happened to day traders and short term traders trading the
OEX options or futures contract? This was the premire indices to
trade. It seems you could make a small fortune day trading this alone.<<

QQQQ options are replacing OEX options as the option instrument of
choice for day trading.

OEX option volume peaked in the 1980's, today it is less than 15% of
its peak value and declining. Open interest is less than 1/5 of its
peak value.

QQQQ option volume and open interest are much larger than that of OEX
options and rising.

Advantages of QQQQ options over OEX options:

Narrower spreads, near the money QQQQ options rarely have a Bid/Ask
spread > 0.01 -> better fills and larger profits.

More liquid -> faster fills and less market manipulation.

Larger % moves -> use closer to the money strikes to get comparable
leverage.

>>Why are traders interested in finding a stock that might make a
significant move when indices maybe a less volatile way to trade?<<

Greater volatility means greater profit potential.

If you swing trade, there are more potential trading opportunities
with stocks than with indices because there are many more of them.

Bill