Re: [amibroker] Re: Anyone actually making money?

You have to develop the system first, taking into consideration the system issues, such as delays. If you are trading as a scalper, forget automation. If you are trading the longer cycles and larger price move then automation can be practical.

I think you need to go in phases:
1. Decide that your trading is reasonable for automation
    - Trade delays are incosequential (longer cycles)
    - You trade relatively liquid issues
    - Trade with limit order, as market order are a problem when delays are present.
    - Stop loss orders should be at market

2. Create trade alerts and trade manually, so you can evaluate system performance in a qualitative way. Is it doing what you want it to do

3. Write to disk all trades and trade parameters (time, quantity, price etc. to have a record of performance. This is what auto trading would see.

4. Compare this performance to actual auto trade results (paper trade at first ... even though the paper trading platform is not as good as the real trading platform)

5. Trading indeces (ETFs, Sectors, Industries, etc) may work better than stocks as they are smoother and indicators typically work better