From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of bilbo0211
Sent: July 31, 2008 1:25 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Anyone actually making money?

Hey Herman,

I disagree with your comment about not learning from experienced
traders. If that were true, why would a newbie listen to any advice an
experienced trader like you has to offer?

At the risk of offending you further, here is another quote from the
trader with 20+ years of experience:

"Using the same trading technique and exit strategy in all market
conditions is likely to give you lots of practice at taking drawdowns."

While the website I am quoting from (daisydogger) is a commercial site
that sells trading information, there is some free information that
should be valuable for beginners. In particular the article that
describes a trading set up which includes how the trading parameters
were optimized and the article on adaptive trading (how to adjust your
trading to current market conditions). I wish I had that information
when I started, it would have saved me a lot of time.

Your suggestion that every newbie reinvent the wheel is likely to
result in discovering 10,000 things that don't work before finding one
that does.

Bill