[amibroker] Re: Help With Study ID.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mohammed" <softnews2003@xxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I draw my trend lien over the chart and assigned study ID "RE" for it.
> then I wrote this code:
>
> buy = cross( close ,study( "RE" ));
>
> with bar reply I do some scan to see the formula result when the price
> cross the trend line, but I didn't get any result for the scan?
>
> Any Suggestion Please.
> Regards.

I had same problem. It doesn't appear to work as it should (ie what is
stated in the Help  documentation is not strictly correct).

For some reason to get it to work you have to hard code an actual
study ID number (which makes no sense considering it should be a
wildcard parameter), but it will still scan all the rest if selected
as All symbols in the Analysis window.

here is a sample of my code that works:

Buy =  Cross( Close, Study("RE", ChartId=5) );

Not sure if that will work or not if the ChartId number you chose does
not contain an study lines, so pick one that does.