Re: [amibroker] Persistent variables

Hi Brian,

Either approach can work.  The choice really comes dow to how you want
to organize your data.  In my case, I used separate files for storing
individual params in my Flexible Parameters scheme.  That gave me the
ability to address each individually and add new ones or change values
without needing to search through a secondary indexing scheme inside
one file.

In my case, I use both static variables and individual files.  I load
up the static vars (which have a limited lifetime of one instance)
from the files when I start up, then use static variables from that
point on.  However, if I write to a static variable, I also write
through to the file.  I do this for speed since a static variable does
not require a system call.

Consider what you want to do with the data.  If it is just logging,
then perhaps a single file.  If you want to do a lot of sorting and
searching, then perhaps one file.  If you just want random access to
any one entry, then perhaps individual files.

BR,
Dennis