[amibroker] Re: Help with AFL, calculating two different ATR

The problem is that the  "x" array you mentioned in the formula MA
(x), doesn't have consecutive numbers.
The "x" array has numbers during the first three hours of the trading
day, but after that it doesn't. Only on the next day it will have
values again.
Ex of one trading day:
Trading Hours:    1   2    3     4   5    6   7    8
"x" array  (H-L): 1   0.8  0.7   -   -    -   -    -
"y" array  (H-L): -   -    -     1.4   1.5  2   1.8  2

As you can see the x array, which holds the range in the first three
hours, doesn't have values after that until the next day.
How Can I calculate a MA only with numbers obtained during the first
three hours of each trading day. For example, to calculate a 9 period
MA I would need three days, but how can I skip the hours that I'm not
interested in for the MA calculation?

thanks

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxx> wrote:

> Value = iif(Timenum() <time criteria,MA(x),MA(y));

MA