[amibroker] Re: Data importing help please

For the benefit of newcomers:

a) most/all Yahoo finance sites, worldwide, have delayed intraday
which can only be accessed as a delayed cumulative bar i.e snapshot
(the open will be static and the H/L/C will be dynamic i.e one bar
for the day with a changing HLC as time progresses - open AB/open
AQ/get tickers from AB/select current Yahoo server in AQ/select run
every 1 minute in AQ/leave AB and AQ open/AB will auto refresh the
daily bar with delayed quotes).

AFAIK - 1 minute refresh is the limit.

symbols from different exchanges can run in AQ/AB current/intraday at
the same time provided the exchanges have concurrent hours e.g just
for fun I once tried an Australian stock and a Singapore exchange
stock running at the same time in 1 min refresh.

b) Real time Yahoo has been discussed before under "RT Yahoo" or
something close to that.

Free RT Yahoo is only available for the Indian exchange (this is the
only free RT Yahoo site in the world) - obviously Indian users have
more knowledge on this subject, privately/locally, than what is
available in the forum.

USA RT can be obtained via a paid subscription - this is the only
Yahoo site in the world that has Yahoo paid RT and the only site,
besides India, to have any RT at all - it is the same data available
by downloader that can be purchased from:

http://www.trading-tools.com/mld.htm

AmiQuote can get this paid RT US data, as per Tomazs's instructions,
but AFAIK it can only be downloaded, by AQ, in one minute bars (I
have tried it, for fun, and that is all I could manage).

brian_z

 --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> You don't need any utility.
>
> Just LOGIN into Yahoo with your user name that has RT subscription
> and then in AmiQuote, go to Tools->Settings and check
> "ALLOW COOKIES" box.
>
> That will allow AQ to send cookies and Yahoo will recognize it and
send non-delayed data.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

from me i charge 1500/- indian money

>   On 7/23/08, a a <swptec@xxxxxx com> wrote:
>
>     which utility is this? what is the cost?

amibroker automatic bye just a click, but it have some limitation . u
canot fech more than 200 scrips at a time , u canot backfill data,
all data comes from yahoo server direct into ur amibroker in
realtime, u can fech any of world stock symbol, index,comodites which
u wants, but its nessasary that yahoo provides that data, thats all
and this utility at very cheep rates DHIRAJ SOOD