[amibroker] Re: Interactive Brokers issues - anybody else having them?

I track about 60 symbols but IBs back fill just sucks. Stupidest
thing I ever saw. What I do is manually back fill 30 days ONCE, when
I start with a new data base. To do this I display each symbol in the
Symbol lost. Once I have done that I save the data and change the
back fill length to 1 day.

For daily back filling I put all the symbols in a watch list and then
use foreign to get data from each symbol and plot the close. When AB
tries to plot the data it will back fill the data automatically. You
are supposed to be able to do this with the real time quote window
but if you ever get a pacing violation the download starts at the top
of the list once the pacing violation is over so that it never
finishes because I keep getting pacing errors at the same place every
time.

The indicator I use daily to make sure I back fill all the symbols is
attached below. If there is a pacing error it will just start at the
symbol that was not back filled. But if that gets to be a problem you
could break the symbol list over a number of watch lists and add a
parameter to select the watch list.

Hope that helps,
Barry

_SECTION_BEGIN("Back fill from IB");

SetChartOptions(0, chartShowArrows | chartShowDates );
Filename = StrLeft(_DEFAULT_NAME(),StrLen(_DEFAULT_NAME())-2);
_N(Title = filename + StrFormat(" - {{DATE}} {{VALUES}} "));
// parameter list for the MA periods

// retrive comma-separated list of symbols in watch list
list = CategoryGetSymbols( categoryWatchlist, 50 );

myC = 0; numUp = 0;
for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
{
	f = Foreign( sym, "C" ); // get the close values for the
symbol from the watchlist'
	plot(f, sym + " C", i * 3 );
}

_SECTION_END();

 --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Edward Pottasch" <empottasch@xxx>
wrote:

> hi,
>
> I also have problems sometimes, also depends on how many symbols I
am using for me to notice. One problem is that if you have too many
symbols in your IB data base it will give problems, and you may get
error messages like you describe. Removing a bunch of symbols might
help,