Re: [amibroker] Adventures in improving Ami Backtest speed

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. It is quite interesting what you
are saying about DayOfWeek() and Prec().

As for DayOfWeek() it is true that no optimizations were
done in this function and it simply calls C runtime mktime() for dates >= 1970
and Windows OLE date functions for earlier dates that are
not particularly fast and does so for every bar, so
it could be speeded up especially if operating on intraday data
when day changes infrequently.

I assume that as far as DayOfWeek is considered you are just calling
it once and save the result in variable.

As for Prec(): Prec() uses floor() C-runtime function plus one multiplication
and one division per bar. In general case it is the optimum choice, however
more efficient ways can be found in specialized cases when for example
you are truncating fractional part only.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com