[amibroker] Re: [AmiBroker-Vista64] data storage

I'm a bit behind... I see d has already recommended Synergy.  Other
options include using Remote Desktop from the computer with multiple
monitors and/or kvm switches, which are quite cheap now.

Ian

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, psytek <psytek@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks everyone!
>
> Been at this for a couple of weeks now... my first problem was
setting up multiple displays. I spend more than a week
> before i found out that one of my ACER AL2216Ws sent a corrupted
model number to Vista.
> Vista would see this unidentified hardware on each reboot and would
> Exchanging the monitor fixed the problems instantly!  So much for
PnP!

> wrt XP vs Vista. Considering all the time it took me to get my
Vista64 to where it is now I am considering to create a
> dual boot system, i.e., install another hard disk and install XP32
on it. This would allow me to make the switch
> gradually, adding new fixes/drivers as they become available.
>
> I want to use the same display setup. I am tired of running many
computers, rolling my chair back and forth,
> switching keyboards, etc. It makes me feel like running a factory :-
(

> I want a single display area, with an easy chair, efficient OS-
switching options, and shared backup media. The only
> exception is that my trading (TWS) computer is separate but
networked.

> Anyone running a multi boot system?
> How would that work with signing on/off on my LAN?
>
> Thanks again,
> herman
>
> ps. sorry for the cross posting - this thread is running in two
groups.

> Friday, July 11, 2008, 10:13:24 PM, you wrote:
>
> > I'm running XP and will for the forseable future - I don't think
Msft will
> > be abandoning it in the near future. As a matter of fact they
have extended
> > the sales for oems to be used on smaller portable computers
(ubmc's and
> > mid's) since Vista(32) doesn't run well at all on these slower
machines. I
> > bought a ubmc with vista on it for my car and I had to replace it
with WinXP
> > tablet edition and it's made all of the difference in performance.
>
> > If you're really interested in speed then I suggest you either
buy or
> > build/upgrade a machine that can be overclocked.  You can exceed
the speed
> > of the 64 bit systems (which is marginal imho) running on non
overclocked
> > systems with XP 32 running on one that's been over clocked.
This has become