[amibroker] Re: NEW USER - simple question.......

Steve,

For sure I think their is quite a bit of manipulation going on... but i think you have to
separate what I call 'structural manipulation' from just day trading manipulation. The
difference... for sure markets have a tendency to overshoot support and resistance levels...
markets are non-stationary so always changing. And for sure some big guys in the pit at
the CME, seeing a thin market will def. try and take the market under support or over
resistance to see who they can shake out (little guys like you and I - and banks who don't
want to hold too much risk)... Be aware, not all banks are huge risk takers. There are plenty
of traders at Merrill who's mandate is to run a tight ship risk wise... and they can also be
spooked out of legacy positions they may have taken while filling a client order.

'Structural manipulation' I have seen first hand many times... we used to sell certificated
products at a firm I worked at. They were like mini funds... you sell a 'high tech' certificate
to clients, milk them for about 5% in fees, sell $500m of the certificate, and it would be
priced off closing prices on a given date (e.g. July 8th)... no-one outside of the firm would
know... but we'd have $500m worth of stock, across say 30 names, to buy at the close...
we were the market effectively at that point... and anyone who stood in the way got
creamed. The certificates would be reconstituted (like an index) quarterly, when we'd have
a massive rebalancing trade to do... again we'd be the market at the close. Of course we'd
make even more money by the fact the certificate price that we sold to clients was 'calced'
off the closing price's of the relevant stocks... but we'd have been buying stock from a full
% or two lower (hence our fill was better than the clients got) and to top it off we might
only actually buy $450m of stock, effectively shorting the last $50m to clients at the
massively 'elevated' closing prices. It's not genius but it sure is an easy way of making
money!!! That kind of 'structural manipulation' goes on all the time - and it's often backed
by some invisible product that none of us have ever heard of.

Question 2... good question. Not sure I know the answer Steve. This is still very much in
development as we speak. I'd just be guessing. I think we'll have to sit tight and find out.
Love to hear your views if you have any...?