[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 5.14.0 BETA released

After a bit of experimentation, I can answer most of my own queries
1. SetBarsRequired - the backref parameter doesnt change the no of
past bars that AB says it needs, but it changes the initial buffer
(30 bars). So setbarsrequired(30, -1) has the same effect as
setbarsrequired(-1, -1). In other words, we cant manually overrides
the no of bars that AB internally decides it needs
2. if you enter setbarsrequired(0, 0); and A = MA(c, 50); the check
and Profile tells you that you'll need 50 past bars. Fair enough.
However, if you also put in B = MA(c, 50), it now says you'll need
100 bars. I can only say that AB always assumes the most pessimistic
scenario in calcuating the past bars required. Thats probably
explains why I end up with such a large no. for my AFL. while in
reality it only uses a fraction of that past data.

And finally a question to Tomasz if I may, would you consider a means
for the more adventurous users to overrides the defaults, In other
words, means for me to tell AB I only want a certain number of past
bars, sometime in the future.

Paul.