[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 5.14.0 BETA released

Hi
I have just done some checking on my afls. I have been custom cuting
databases for a few years now to speed up run time. So I know
from experience how much data these afls need before the start date.
In looking at Code Check & profile, One of the AFLs state I need 4342
past bars before the start date, which is approx 20 years of daily
data. I only have approx 18 years. So using QuickAFL wouldnt make any
difference to the execution time. But from experimenting with various
starting date in my custom database, I know that  this afl only needs
400 bars (1 & 1/2 years) of data before the start date. Obviously,
400 bars back would make a marked difference in speed (thats why I
started this years ago).
I do not know why there is a difference between what AB calculates
and what it actually uses.
I also notice that setting the bars required manually to something
less than what Code and Profile says makes no difference to either
the results (which I would expect to ) or runtime. Is that correct
that setbarsrequired cannot be set to less than What AB calculates?