[amibroker] Re: Anti-Viruses impact your system

Thanks for that Tomasz,

I noticed some basic tips for users, of a Java platform, at a site I
visited yesterday:

https://www.theice.com/faqs.jhtml#webice

This started me thinking about if there would be any value in adding a
diagnostic module to AB?

I know that general computing issues spill over into AB and questions
about firewalls etc come up from time to time.

Do you see any value in adding a feature to 'slap' us if
system/internet issues are affecting AB performance (sometimes I wonder
if AB glitches, that people ask for support with, are in fact caused by
external factors?)

I think your philosphy is for 'light and powerful' software and for
users to 'help themselves' first BUT processing speeds are going
through the roof (60+ cores on the desktop PC by 2012 - only four years
away?) and a lot of people do not want to buy breakfast at Maccas and
have to cook their own burgers.

As an aside.

I noticed in the article, at the end of your link, the author said:

"For both the experiments I set the affinity of all the host OS
programs to one core and set the VM onto the other core.

This could be the technical basis of my speculation, in a previous
thread, that a program like AB could make a 'quick and dirty' easy
transition to multicore deployment by taking the modular approach of
distributing subprograms (written in the old 'linear' sequential style)
to the cores, rather than going down the path of 'pure' concurrent
programming (not very sexy for sure but a whole lot more  bang for your
buck)?

(Apologies if this is a ridiculous idea but the intuition often points
to reasonable, or relevant, solutions without the attendant technical
instructions).

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If you are having any performance issues on your computer please
check your AntiVirus first.
> The most common reason of slowness in save is that your real-time
anti-virus scanner is intercepting all system calls to file system