Re: [amibroker] % System Drawdown as filter

Hi Haders --

If you use only percent system drawdown, and minimize that, the system chosen will probably not trade much and the annual percentage gain will be low.  If one of the choices among the optimization set results in taking no trades, that will minimize percent system drawdown.

As an alternative, you might try one of the metrics that rewards equity growth, rewards equity smoothness, and penalizes drawdown.   The built-in metrics that do that are: CAR/MDD, RAR/MDD, RRR. Ulcer Performance Index, and K-Ratio.

If none of these are exactly what you are looking for, you can create you own custom metric and have AmiBroker use it.

Thanks,
Howard
www.quantitativetradingsystems.com