[amibroker] Re: [OT] Best Quad-Video card for Vista?

Tomasz,

Sorry I should have been clearer. I isolated the problem I described
below having only ONE instance of AB open. I've tried it three times
now and I get exactly the same result. Only works if AB is maximised
in the left hand screen. So I do think this problem exists. Please try
it your end and let me know.

Why use two instances of AB...? Mainly because I want to get ALL the
following data that IQ Feed provide for the E-Mini's... 10 days of
tick, 18 months of 1 min bars and daily back 10 years... unfortunately
AB won't download all this data... if I set the DB to tick it will not
download the 18 months of 1 min bars (which is essential for any kind
of backtesting)... however, I prefer to trade live of n-tick bar
charts... IF AB did download all that data (ideal world) into on DB
then I would need only one instance open....

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Maximize status has nothing to do with that. It is because you are
using TWO
> instances and use same layout for both.
>
> If you run TWO instances simultaneously and SAME layout file, you
will obviously
> overwrite the settings for each other.
>
> Don't do this.
>
> You can only run two instances if they DO NOT use same layout at the
same time.

> If you want to use two instances you must use only LOCAL layouts
> and have two SEPARATE databases.
> Each database can be used only with one instance at a time.
>
> Also why running two instances at all when you can have multiple
chart windows ?

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com