RE: [amibroker] Re: Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) Links

I have elaborated most if not all the important aspects in the IO doc and in the related UKB except for multi core utilization  … If this subject is of interest to you and you haven’t at least reviewed the UKB then you should do as they will point out most if not all the pertinent issues …

It is not the calling of a DLL that nixes MCO per se …

It is the fact that in intelligent optimization the individual particles or genes work in cooperation with each other i.e. with some intelligence … Each generation is a product of the results of previous generations as opposed to the relatively “mindless” brute force attack of exhaustive search …

MCO is not an intelligent optimizer nor does it by some means facilitate the running of intelligent optimization …

The only intelligence in MCO is in its capability to analyze the users AFL … break it down into companion AFL’s each of which can be used to run a portion of the overall brute force optimization in its own instance of AB utilizing different cpu’s / cores thereby utilizing all of the machine power that is available … See the relatively short MCO do …

This doesn’t obviate the use of MCO per se but I doubt it would be useful to invoke anyone’s intelligent optimizer with it as there is no generation to generation communication of results between the particles / genes and as a result no redirection of the search process …