[amibroker] Re: Study Charting dare I say bugs...

Love it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

Mind you, only an engineer could formularise personal interaction:

(from the book?)

Assigning more programmers to a project running behind schedule will
make it even later, due to the time required for the new programmers
to learn about the project, as well as the increased communication
overhead. When N people have to communicate among themselves (without
a hierarchy), as N increases, their output M decreases and can even
become negative (i.e. the total work remaining at the end of a day is
greater than the total work that had been remaining at the beginning
of that day, such as when many bugs are created).

Group Intercommunication Formula: n(n − 1) / 2
Example: 50 developers -> 50(50 − 1) / 2 = 1225 channels of
communication

I particularly enjoyed this line:

"It should be kept in mind how much of the work-week will actually be
spent on technical issues, as opposed to administrative or other non-
technical tasks, such as meetings."

since I was excommunicated in my (past) company when I
suggested  'meetingless management' (as in physically going to a room
for a 'business discussion') - my brilliant career was all downhill
from there.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <bjagow@xxx> wrote:

> Red Brooks'  "The Mythical Man-Month".